Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tying the Perfect Bow

I have some favourite craft blogs that I visit almost everyday. I'm always amazed (and jealous) by how they can tie the perfect bows. After some whining to A about how much I want those bows on my cards, I did some research on YouTube and found some tutorials on how to tie the a perfect bow.

Visit Martha Stewart's Ribbons and Bows to learn the different types of bows. I hope one day I can tie these...

Oh, Martha Stewart...you just made me drool.

Ready to learn? Here's a tutorial by butternutsage.



Martha Stewart's Bow How-to

Oh, I also bought new ribbons yesterday! I have a lot of small ribbons, so those won't work if I want fat bows :) Aside from ribbons, I bought a lace border. They come in different lace patterns and they're stickers so you don't have to use glue or tape. I love the border stickers because they're so easy to use! (I used heart border for my Mother's Day card).


I love the scalloped edge ribbons

In the video, she said it's like tying a shoe...well, that's not how I tie my shoes :( but it shouldn't be that hard, I hope. I will update you guys on my attempt to tie the perfect bow!

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Those are super cute ribbons you got! I didn't know that daiso sold ribbons. I like the red and white polka dot one. I also have trouble with the "perfect bow" when I'm wrapping gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those lace borders! I should get some for when I do crafts too. I need your help Sher! I want to make some business cards for my catering thing but I was wondering if you could help me design it? Pretty pleeeeease with a cherry (and lace border) on top?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skytrain Fare EvaderAugust 2, 2010 at 9:29 PM

    I can't wait to see your perfectly tied bows, I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off, your cards will look awesomed.

    -Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daiso has LOTS of ribbons! You guys should check it out. I wanted to buy all of them! lol

    Cynthia: Check your email :)

    Skytrain Fare Evader: I will post my bows soon! Visit soon :D

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Blog Counter