Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy World Card Making Day!

Today is World Card Making Day! :) I'll be celebrating this day by attending to an event that is held by a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Ida. There will demonstrations and we will be making cards, of course! You can visit Ida's blog here.

I will post pictures tonight, but for now, enjoy a sneak peek of one of my birthday card made by Noodle Kaboodle. Thanks, Missy!

Handmade cupcake card and cake caddy

-----------
edit:

I just came back from Ida's World Card Making Day event. Noodle Kaboodle and I had a great time! We got to try out some of Stampin' Up! products like stamps, punches, and the Big Shot Machine.


The Big Shot Machine is great for creating die-cut shapes, tags,...pretty much almost anything! Not only it can cut shapes, it can also emboss card stock. This machine was quite easy to use and fun too! NK and I got carried away and hogged the machine :)

Card #1
  • Scallop Circle Punch
  • Circle Punch
  • Eyelet Border Punch 
  • I love this embossing pattern. Forgot the name of it though

Card #2
    Card #3

    Card #4
    • Heat embossing for the green tree. A stamping technique that leaves a shiny, 3D effect (SO COOL!)
    • Versamark Pad for the mushrooms. When you stamp with this watermark ink pad, the design will look a few shades darker than the card stock. Perfect for backgrounds.
    • Circle Punch
    • Scallop Edge Border 

    Thanks, Ida!

    1 comment:

    1. Are you slacking off like me?
      It's 9pm and I haven't finished even one assignment yet. I was hoping to get one done by now :( It's going to be a LONG night.

      Your tree turned out better than mine's. I think I had too much ink on it because the stars only turned out on half the tree :S

      My favorite is the bird one but the first one is really pretty also. And you forgot to mention the dabbing to create the antique look.

      C

      ReplyDelete

    ShareThis

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

    Free Blog Counter