Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's Sew Easy!


Back in June, I purchased Sew Easy's Stitch Piercer, Piercing Mat, and Floss in pink. So how easy was it? I must say, it was quite easy. I used them to make CD's birthday card.

Excuse my smudge on the card

My thoughts?
  • Sew Easy Piercing Mat (7" x 12" self-healing mat)
    I thought the piercing mat smelled a bit. However, it's brand new and the smell will go away. The mat is made of extra thick foam that allows for piercing points to puncture through the paper for more defined holes. It makes a big difference if you don't use a foam surface.
  • Sew Easy Stitch Piercer (includes a Couture rotary piercer and a needle)
    The Stitch Piercer is light and comfortable to use. It's also curved for your index finger plus it has a grip when you press down on it. A neat thing about the piercer is that there is a built in storage for your needle! (scroll down for picture).
  • Sew Easy Floss in Pink (watermelon, bubble gum, and princess - 8.7 yards each)
    Each floss has five smaller strands twisted together. I really like their colour selection but I think they are a bit pricy.
Overall, I really like the idea of not having to use a sewing machine to create designed holes that can be easily be stitched up.

Piercing mat, floss, and stitch piercer by Sew Easy

Build in storage for your needle

Here's my first attempt on using Sew Easy's products. I usually have a hard time cutting and drawing straight lines. The picture below proves that. I think I need more practice...

Using the Couture Piercer

The stitching was the fun part. The needle goes through the holes perfectly.

Stitching is sew easy! :)

Other than my unstraight line, I thought the stitch piercer is easy to use. You'll have to be careful with the interchangeable heads because they are sharp. Anyway, I found a quick video tutorial from We R Memory Keeper.



Here's a close up of CD's birthday card.


Tools and Supplies used:

♥ White card stock paper
♥ Décor-inspired print by Recollections from the Fashionably Chic Paper Stack
♥ Light green and pink scrap booking paper
♥ Brown decorative paper by Recollections from the Fashionably Chic Paper Stack
5mm pink pearl jewel stickers
♥ Kelly Green stitched grosgrain ribbon with white stitching (here)
♥ "Happy Birthday" clear stamp by Fiskars ("Put Your Party Hat" clear stamp set)
♥ 2" Circle Lever Punch by Recollections
♥ Scalloped edge border by Stampin' Up! (here)
♥ Small scalloped decorative scissors
♥ 1/2" Round Corner squeeze punch by Fiskars
Enjoy the rest of the week! :)

(All tools and supplies were purchased by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Blog Counter